Let’s start off with some points about the deal.
- Aphria owns 50% of CannInvest. LINK
- The other 50% is owned by Lesotho Businessman Sam Matekane LINK
- CannInvest owns 60% of VERVE DYNAMICS through a joint partnership.
- VERVE Dynamics holds the license to grow/extract medical/research cannabis.
Ok, so what is do we know about Verve Dynamics…
- Verve received the FIRST license in Africa to grow medical/research marijuana. PROOF
- VERVE is already in the business of botanical extracts.
- VERVE already has a few products WEBSITE that you can buy!
- They offer an array of services from Nutraceuticals to Extracts to R&D
- sGMP CERTIFIED as of 2017 WEBSITE
- Organic Certified as of 2018
- Ambitions to expand to other countries in Africa PROOF
What do we know about Sam Matekane?
- He is the richest businessman in the Country of Lesotho
- Owner of Matekane Group of Companies ABOUT US
- Matekane group owns and Airline. AIRLINE
- They also own a boutique hotel. HOTEL
- And a construction/development company. REAL ESTATE
Opportunities in Africa???
- Lesotho has legalized Cultivation and Exportation of medical cannabis.
- South Africa and Zimbabwe may be close to legalization.
- The combined populations are 61 million people as of 2017.
- The population of the African Contenant is 1,100,000,000 (1.1 billion)
Why is this good for Aphria?
- Instant access to construction capabilities via Sam Matekane
- Instant access to extraction facilities via VERVE Dynamics
- Instant access to a Cultivation/Export License via VERVE Dynamics
- Access to a cheaper labor force
- Instant access to an airline, capable of shipping extracts Internationally
- Favorable First Mover Positioning in Africa
- Connection with the wealthiest businessman in Lesotho (soon to be Africa!)
- Instant GMP & ORGANIC Certification
- African Branding Opportunities